Clear Negative Energy From Your Space- 5 Easy Methods
Updated: Feb 12, 2019
Our daily activities and stresses can lead to unwanted energies lingering around our bodies, homes and offices. An energetically clear space and mind are an essential part of my work, and they are perceivable the same way in which a clear mind can be perceived. One’s space should feel open and safe while the air smells clean and fresh. I encourage my clients to clear themselves and the spaces they occupy before conducting a reading. Here are 5 methods to energetically clear yourself and your space.
1. Smudging is probably the oldest, go-to method to clear negative energy from a place or from an from individual’s aura. This process of burning plant material infuses the air with fragrant smoke from high-vibration plants including sage, sweetgrass, Palo Santo, cedar, copal. frankincense and myrrh. You can buy smudge sticks or round incense charcoal made specifically for loose material like resin, leaves, or Palo Santo shavings.
2. Using sound raises the vibration by breaking up stagnant energy. Crystal singing bowls, Tibetan bells, even gongs are traditional methods. You can also find a plethora of online healing tones and music like the Solfeggio frequencies, an ancient 6-tone scale, which balance your energy.
3. Infusions of essential oils are excellent for cleansing a space. Placing a few drops into a diffuser works well, or add some to a spray bottle filled with water and spritz yourself and the environment. If you are unsure which scents to use, do a bit of research on the vibrational and healing properties of different flowers and plants and choose those that resonate with you.
4. Crystals are not new-age, woowoo nonsense. Each type of stone carries a unique vibration and sensitive people can actually feel the energy emanating from them. Stones that are particularly powerful for grounding and protection include black tourmaline, jet, Apache tear, black obsidian,snowflake obsidian, smoky quartz, and magnetite.
5. Bathing with salt is not as well-known as the above methods, but using salt for purification, banishing negative energy, spiritual protection and grounding is an ancient practice. If you don’t have a bathtub, pour some into your hands and use as a scrub in the shower. Salt is a powerful banisher, and I use it every evening after I’m done with my readings to clear any lingering energies I may have picked up while talking to clients and Spirit. You can also sprinkle it in the corners of your room.